Based in Copenhagen, Denmark
June 6, 2014
Apple App Store
Welcome to 2284. Plantman is an epic storydriven puzzle platformer that takes you on a wild ride through the near-apocalyptic future of 2284 in a funny, heart-warming mobile game experience that blurs the line between gameplay and storytelling. You play as Andy Sprout – a young, nerdy gardener who lives and works at “Plant Plant Sector 347” – one of the many underground garden facilities controlled by Greensworth Gardens, supplying the decaying world with fresh breathable air. Deep within the bug-infested oxygen gardens, Andy discovers something that will change his life forever. With a little help from his trusty co-worker S.A.M.M. – a talking robot coffee machine – he sets out on a dangerous journey to save the love of his life and uncover the dark secrets of Greensworth Gardens... You’ll need to use the combined skills of the two unlikely heroes to survive the thrilling, creature-based stealth puzzles and outsmart the trigger-happy cyborgs patrolling the Plant Plant. S.A.M.M. is able to distract enemies with long pointless conversations, while Andy can use the environment to his advantage – luring giant bugs, activating deadly bugzappers and trapdoors, and using his mutated green fingers as a grappling hook to swing himself to safety. - Will Andy survive “The Last Day at the Plant Plant”?
Plantman Episode 1: Last Day at the Plant Plant was developed within 10 months at the National Film School of Denmark by a team of talented students and freelancers. It is the graduation project of Game Director and Exploding Cow co-founder Dennis Nielsen. The future episodes of Plantman will be developed by Exploding Cow.
- Deep, thought-provoking and funny story written by graduates of the National Film School of Denmark
- Top notch voice acting with special guest star John J. Dick aka Serious Sam
- AI-based stealth and creature puzzles makes every encounter personal
- Intuitive swipe n’ tap controls tailormade for touch interface - No virtual joysticks
- Stunning 3D visuals and hand crafted animations
- No adds, no in-app purchase – FREE to download on App Store
Logo & Icon
- "Plantman is a smart, funny and heart-warming platformer that will grow on players if they let it - 4/5 stars"
- Lee Hamlet, 148Apps
- "Had me at talking coffee machine - 5/5 stars"
- Rateryed, User Review, Apple App Store
- "Hidden gem! ...This one truly stands out - 5/5 stars"
- Indiana June, User Review, Apple App Store
- "I wish they would make more games like this for the App Store - 5/5 stars"
- Killaroach, User Review, Apple App Store
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Exploding Cow
We create epic adventures that tickles your brain and melts your heart!
More information on Exploding Cow, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Plantman Episode 1 - Last Day at The Plant Plant Credits
Creative Director, Game Designer, Writer
Sune Siig Ahler
Art Director, Environment Designer
Morten Barfod Søegaard
Audio Designer, Music Composer
Catrine Le Dous
Mark Bo Jensen
Lead CG Artist, Pipeline Coordinator, 3D modeller
Lead Animator, In-game animator, 3D modeller
Mie Frank Pedersen
Dorte Flensted Jensen
Louise Falslund Andersen
Martin Skou Nielsen
Jeff Hindsbøl Hansen
Ida Maria Schouw Andreasen
2D Texture Artist
Laust Palbo Nielsen
2D GUI Artist
Set Dressing Assistant
Set Dressing Assistant
Kasper Ingdahl Andkjær
Christian Agerskov Rasmussen
Christian Andreas Kajsing
Jens Anker Bruun De Neergaard
Mathias Kaae Frøhlich Sørensen
Enrico Gajda Kirkeby
Voice of Andy
Voice of S.A.M.M.
Voice of Greensworth
Voice of Clora
John J. Dick
Voice of The Protechtors